Monday, December 29, 2014

Being with them was like dancing among the sunbeams and stars. You felt so high in their glow and so alone and dark when they hid in their holy beds. Their darkness was like velvet. It was tangible, soft and suffocating. They were unlike anything I had ever known before.

Spring and summer were brighter and more fresh, autumn more brilliant and the winter more cozy and bearable. Songs meant more and words carried farther when they played and sang. They were the best boys. The incomparable three. The trifecta of delight, artistry and adventure and I wanted to shine just like them.

I loved them instantly. All of them had a unique glow and churp, like any good bird does. Some days I couldn't believe I was one of them, a friend, trusted like the rest. Other days it felt like such a burden to know them and know I would lose them. Once you find something like this, you don't let it go, but it will surely let you go. Such a strength can only last so long with my extra weight tacked on.

I already grieve now and again for those wild boys, though they are safely tucked in my heart and grasp. How could I not?

It is hard to accurately portray their magic. They are bookworthy, movie worthy and each of them deserving of only the BEST women to break their hearts.

My time with them has been short lived so far, but I can tell you, I will never again be the same now that I know them. Everyone who has come into their lives can assuredly say the same and so many stick around to tell the tale. Outsiders of the circle wish to be on the inside and many who were once inside still linger, hoping to catch a stray ray of warmth from the suns cloistered in their dream-like existence of brotherhood pain and joy.

I was no different a short few years ago...


No comments:

Post a Comment